Tuesday, March 14, 2017

THE BOOK LAUNCH EXPERIENCE.



So I ordered a few copies of my book 21st Century Showgirl. And I'm reading it for the first time.






I must confess I haven't read it since I launched it in Cyber space. Here's a link to the launch. Slide show closed down their website so the VJ has gone home but the party is still going on. Check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/wednesdayfkennedy/blog/475144277

It was like the first man landing on the moon but with a smaller viewing audience.

Nevertheless the reviews came in from all over the world.

http://www.wednesdaykennedyink.com/?p=162   I sold 100 copies.

After that I was so exhausted that I couldn't stand the sight of her.   She was a bastard child with no Daddy Warbucks behind her. And all of the people that did LOVE the 21st Century Showgirl
had no money to keep her in shoes or to send her to school.




I had worn myself for another delusion of Greatness.   My drive was my illness.  Which is why I took myself on the road around Australia. If you're going to behave like a train wreck then the least you can do is send postcards.  Bring on....




A book full of postcards that talk back.  I only sold four copies of this.  I'd become like the snake. Drop the eggs and run....take no prisoners....





As the journey went on I became more vagabond and more feral. I bashed my head against too many doors.   It took four more years to find my way home and finally secure the room of my own.



Which is why I'm finally ready to launch 21st Century Showgirl in the real world.

It is going to be more than just a book launch. It is going to be the Ultimate Book Launch Experience.
I'm planning it now.  I've already locked in a date.

6th March @ The Bordello Theatre in Kings Cross. Up top of the Kings Cross Hotel.





No comments:

Post a Comment